Since 2017, the Viennese Waltz is Intangible Cultural Heritage of UNESCO. His name comes from “rolling – turning”
- The name comes from “rolling – turning”.
- The traditional waltz ensemble is made of two violins and a bass.
- The waltz is performed in a three fourth beat and danced with full body contact.
- Viennese loved it when it was introduced in Vienna in the late 18th/19th century.
- The most prominent event that introduced this new dance and sent shock waves across Europe was the Congress of Vienna in 1814/15.
- Austrian composer Johann Strauss jun. is the original King of Waltz.
- Viennese waltz dancing is all about rhythm and flow.
- The basic steps are easy once you have received a proper introduction.
- Originally it was danced quickly and developed in the middle of the 19th century in its current “floating” form.
Photo: Shutterstock, beckibal.rs